Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap was notified Wednesday that he will receive, within 24 hours, documents related to a presidential commission on voting integrity that he served on last year. Dunlap, one of 11 members appointed by the Trump administration, sued the commission last year after he was excluded from information, including state voting data. A federal judge twice ordered the administration to turn over documents, most recently late last month. Kristen Schulze Muszynski, a spokeswoman for the Secretary of State’s Office, said Dunlap was notified by email from the U.S. Department of Justice that it was complying with the judge’s order. The materials were sent Wednesday, which was the deadline set by Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly. Muszynski said they were not told what materials will be sent.
“The attorneys will be reviewing the material and Secretary Dunlap plans to publicly release what we can when that process is complete, making sure not to share any personally identifying information or proprietary information contained therein,” she said in a prepared statement. “We will have a web-based platform on which we plan to make the materials available to the public and will issue a press release when we are ready to do so.”
… The commission met just twice and then disbanded amid growing problems. In addition to Dunlap’s lawsuit seeking access to information, one member, former Arkansas state lawmaker David Dunn, died last fall, and a staff member to the commission was arrested on charges of possessing child pornography.
Full Article: After 2 court orders, Maine’s member of voter fraud panel is getting documents he wanted – Portland Press Herald.